The literal meaning of Friday is congregation or gathering of people for special Jummah prayer. Friday is the sixth day of Islamic week. In Islam, Friday has given special importance. Every Friday, a prayer of Jummah offer and for this prayer special time is appropriated.
The Messenger of Allah Holy Prophet (PBUH) said: “The best day the sun rises over is Friday; on it Allah created Adam. On it, he was made to enter paradise, on it he was expelled from it, and the Last Hour will take place on no other day than Friday.”(At-Tirmidhi)
Alhumdulillah, during the pandemic, Masjid-E-Umer has been committed in providing vital services to the community. We have had procedures in place to ensure we are able to offer the five daily Salahs, Jumu’ah, burial services etc.
However, following high increase in Covid related deaths in Waltham Forest, Masjid-E-Umer has had to review the current measures. In order to continue providing these services in a safe manner for our Imams, Musallees and Volunteers, we are obliged to impose the current government guidance in a more stringent manner. Masjid-E-Umer will continue offering the services to its community with the following procedures:
- Social distancing MUST be maintained at all times
- No Face mask, No Entry- face masks MUST be worn at all times whilst inside the masjid covering both nose and mouth. Attendees who remove face masks or do not wear them correctly within the Masjid will be asked to leave.
- Hand sanitiser MUST be used prior to entering the Masjid
- Attendees MUST remain seated following salah until instructed to leave by volunteers to adhere to social distancing rules.
- Reduced numbers for Jumuah and admission ONLY with prior booking. (Bookings for next week’s Jumuah will be available after 2pm from https://masjid-e-umer.eventbrite.com
- . You must book in advance for Jumah and arrive 10 minutes before the salaah time for the booking to be considered valid.) IF YOU DO NOT BOOK AND DO NOT BRING YOUR TICKET YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN.
- Bring own prayer mats (to cover at least the hands and face. These are available if needed)
- Bathroom and wudhu facilities will continue to remain CLOSED
These procedures are for ALL staff, volunteers and musallees. For the safety and protection of everyone at Masjid-e-Umer, we humbly request all individuals to support us in adhering to the measures in place. Once leaving the Masjid, please consider the safety of our neighbours and the reputational risk to the Masjid and DO NOT CONGREGATE outside.