As you will be aware, at the end December 2020, we entered into a 2nd national lockdown. The Government has given places of worship permission to stay open follwing COVID-19 guidlines. In accordance with this guidance, Masjid-E-Umer will be reopening for congregational prayers including Jumu’ah (Friday) prayers, commencing from Fajr salaah at 7am on Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
Inshaallah, the Madrassa will also reopen at the Masjid premises on the same day.
Please continue to observe the guidelines regarding social distancing, wearing face coverings and bringing your own musalla (prayer mat). Ensure that your mouth and nose are fully covered by your mask at all times while in the Masjid.
Bookings for next week’s Jumuah will be available after 2pm fromhttps://masjid-e-umer.eventbrite.com.
Note that you must book in advance for Jumuah, and arrive 10 minutes before the salaah time for the booking to be considered valid.
The Imams and Trustees of Masjid-E-Umer would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued patience and support during these difficult and unprecedented times.
May Allah almighty reward you all for your patience and understanding.
May Allah Almighty remove and eradicate this calamity from mankind and grant complete and lasting recovery to those who are ill.
Alhumdulillah, during the pandemic, Masjid-E-Umer has been committed in providing vital services to the community. We have had procedures in place to ensure we are able to offer the five daily Salahs, Jumu’ah, burial services etc.
However, following high increase in Covid related deaths in Waltham Forest, Masjid-E-Umer has had to review the current measures. In order to continue providing these services in a safe manner for our Imams, Musallees and Volunteers, we are obliged to impose the current government guidance in a more stringent manner. Masjid-E-Umer will continue offering the services to its community with the following procedures:
- Social distancing MUST be maintained at all times
- No Face mask, No Entry- face masks MUST be worn at all times whilst inside the masjid covering both nose and mouth. Attendees who remove face masks or do not wear them correctly within the Masjid will be asked to leave.
- Hand sanitiser MUST be used prior to entering the Masjid
- Attendees MUST remain seated following salah until instructed to leave by volunteers to adhere to social distancing rules.
- Reduced numbers for Jumuah and admission ONLY with prior booking. (Bookings for next week’s Jumuah will be available after 2pm fromhttps://masjid-e-umer.eventbrite.com. You must book in advance for Jumah and arrive 10 minutes before the salaah time for the booking to be considered valid.) IF YOU DO NOT BOOK AND DO NOT BRING YOUR TICKET YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN.
- Bring own prayer mats (to cover at least the hands and face. These are available if needed)
- Bathroom and wudhu facilities will continue to remain CLOSED
These procedures are for ALL staff, volunteers and musallees. For the safety and protection of everyone at Masjid-e-Umer, we humbly request all individuals to support us in adhering to the measures in place. Once leaving the Masjid, please consider the safety of our neighbours and the reputational risk to the Masjid and DO NOT CONGREGATE outside.